The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a community of over 11,000 physicians, scientists and public health experts who specialize in infectious diseases. Our purpose is to improve the health of individuals, communities, and society by promoting excellence in patient care, education, research, public health, and prevention relating to infectious diseases.
Our Core Values Include:
- Enhancing care of children and adults based on sound scientific evidence
- Advancing the discipline of infectious diseases as a foundation of medicine and public health
- Promoting and sharing knowledge to reduce human and societal toll from infectious diseases
- Advocating for sound and humane public policy
- Promoting collaboration and cooperation among, and services for, members and other professional colleagues
- Ensuring the principles of inclusion, diversity, access and equity are integrated throughout all levels of the organization