Documentation for E/M Services and Other Coding Changes: What ID Physicians Need to Know
IDSA partnered with Hart Health Strategies, Inc. to present a webinar on the documentation and coding changes which were finalized in the 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. The webinar included information on the current documentation guidelines for office/outpatient evaluation and management (E/M) services. Also covered were possible changes to the office/outpatient E/M service code descriptors and associated revisions to documentation. Additionally, the webinar reviewed when and how the new virtual care codes may be used. Click here to view the webinar.
Evaluation and Management Resources
- CPT® Evaluation and Management
- 10 tips to prepare your practice for E/M office visit changes
- Office Evaluation and Management (E/M) CPT Code Revisions
- Revisions to the CPT E/M Office Visits: New Ways to Report Using Time
- Revisions to the CPT E/M Office Visits: New Ways to Report Using Medical Decision Making (MDM)
- Implementing CPT Evaluation and Management Revisions
- Medicare Evaluation and Management Services Guide
CPT only copyright 2020 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Please visit the Medicare Research, Statistics, Data & Systems Page for free and purchasable information, including utilization rates, cost reports, error rates, and beneficiary and provider surveys.