Science Speaks Covers Science, Guideline Developments, Community Input at IAS 2019
When physicians, researchers and HIV response leaders from around the world gathered in Mexico City July 21-24 for the 10th International AIDS Society conference on HIV science, the IDSA/HIVMA global Science Speaks blog was there to cover breaking news and updates. Highlights of the meeting included:
- A day-long preconference session examining barriers to preventive TB treatment access for people living with HIV;
- HIV response benefits and community concerns surrounding “recency testing;”
- Studies leading to the World Health Organization’s updated, strong, preferred dolutegravir recommendation;
- Additional findings from the ECHO study of long-acting contraceptives;
- Evidence of the microbiome’s role in HIV risk;
Full Science Speaks IAS 2019 coverage is here.