IDSA and ID in the News
The Hill published an opinion piece by HIVMA Chair David Hardy, MD on World AIDS Day discussing how entry restrictions, discriminatory policies and failures to implement proven interventions compromise United States leadership of the global AIDS response. The article, which the Hill headlined, “Is the US an appropriate place to hold an international AIDS conference?” noted that these policies weaken domestic HIV responses, and have raised questions about the choice of the United States as host of AIDS 2020, scheduled for July 2020 in San Francisco and Oakland.
This is just one of the several news pieces that IDSA and our member spokespersons contributed to, in addition to others highlighted below.
- American Animal Hospital Association Magazine: Veterinary professionals face unique challenges while undergoing cancer treatments (Dimitri Drekonja, MD)
- Health: What Exactly Is C. Diff–and Why Is It Becoming More Common? (Aaron Glatt, MD, FIDSA)
- Infectious Disease News: Prior head, neck surgery associated with Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis (Aaron Glatt, MD, FIDSA)
- Medpage Today: World AIDS Day: Positive Steps, but No End in Sight (Melanie Thompson, MD)
Coverage of IDSA/HIVMA Statements and News Releases:
- Kaiser Family Foundation: ‘Science Speaks’ Discusses WHO/CDC Report On Progress Toward Regional Measles Elimination
- Medical Health News: Climate Change Report Demands Public Health, Research Investments