Vaccine Handbook App Now Available from PIDS
The Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society has released a new edition of The Vaccine Handbook App. This mobile App for iOS devices contains the 2018 7th edition of The Vaccine Handbook: A Practical Guide for Clinicians (also known as The Purple Book), by Gary S. Marshall, MD, Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Louisville School of Medicine. This authoritative, practical tool is available free of charge from the Apple iTunes App Store (purchase of the print edition is not required).
The Purple Book is a readable, comprehensive source of up-to-date information for vaccine providers and educators. It draws together the latest vaccine science and guidance into a concise, user-friendly, practical resource for the private office, public health clinic, academic medical center, and hospital. The App is fully searchable, allows for bookmarking, highlighting and annotation, and contains hyperlinks to useful online content; it includes:
• Scientific foundations of vaccinology
• Information on every vaccine licensed in the United States
• The rationale behind authoritative vaccine recommendations
• Contingencies encountered in everyday practice
• An entire chapter on addressing vaccine concerns
• Background on vaccine infrastructure and policy-making
• Standards and regulations
• Office logistics, billing procedures, and much more
The App may be found by searching the App Store for “The Vaccine Handbook App.”
Additional information about The Purple Book is available through the publisher, Professional Communications, Inc.