From HIV to Antibiotic Resistance and MMR Vaccine, IDSA Experts Gain National Media Coverage
As Congress decides funding priorities for the year ahead, HIVMA Chair Dr. W. David Hardy wrote this opinion piece in The Baltimore Sun on the work, resources and policies needed to reach the administration’s stated goal of ending HIV as an epidemic. “The reason we have poorer HIV outcomes than other high-income countries is not because we lag behind those nations in resources; it’s because we lag behind in ensuring a basic level of health care throughout the country. That must change, and it will require significant funds to do it,” Hardy stated.
This is just one of the news pieces that IDSA and our member spokespersons contributed to, in addition to others highlighted below. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to see the latest news and opinion pieces featuring IDSA, HIVMA and our members.
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Antibiotics Aren’t Profitable Enough for Big Pharma to Make More (Helen Boucher, MD, FIDSA)
- Contagion Live: Merck Ramps Up MMR Vaccine Production as Demand Grows (Aaron Glatt, MD, FIDSA)
- Contagion Live: Opioid Use Disorder Should Be Thought of Like an Infectious Disease, Experts Say (Josh Barocas, MD)
- HealthDay: Do Adults Need a Measles Booster Shot? (Matthew Zahn, MD)
- HuffPost: How To Tell If You're Protected By The Measles Vaccine (Matthew Zahn, MD)
- Infectious Disease News: Gilead says generic Truvada will be available in 2020 (W. David Hardy, MD)
- The Nation’s Health: President’s budget would hinder US public health progress: Huge cuts proposed (Melanie Thompson, MD)