Phage Futures Congress
With antimicrobial resistance an ongoing worldwide crisis, there is now a renewed interest in phage therapy as an alternative to antibiotics. IDSA is excited to be partnering with leaders in the biomedical research community for a Phage Futures Congress in January 2019 in Washington, DC.
Phage Futures is a translational conference focused on moving phage therapy forward to tackle antimicrobial resistance. The congress will bring together peers from biotech and academia, along with experts from regulatory bodies, pharmaceutical companies and government institutions, to discuss how to actively progress clinical science and viable routes to market for phage therapy.
The agenda for the day includes:
- Approaches to overcome multi-drug resistance such as combining phage therapy and antibiotics
- Regulatory guidance to achieve clinical data
- Strategies to access the market via the veterinary, personalized medicine and traditional pharmaceutical routes
- Insights into investment drivers from NIH and Boehringer Ingelheim
- How to manufacture GMP phage
- Phage use in new indications such as IBD
IDSA Members save 10% on registration by using the code IDSA10 at checkout.