Lead the Future of ID
Join a community of rising leaders in a training program designed exclusively for infectious diseases and HIV specialists. Hear from your peers why an IDSA Leadership Institute program might be right for you.
Launched in 2019 as a three-day intensive, we are rapidly expanding our offerings to emerging and established leaders across the health care team.
Our original intensive program, focused on individuals ascending into a leadership position or currently holding a leadership position, has been renamed the Community of Leaders program. We are also preparing a foundational, emerging leaders program named Rising Leaders Online.
Both of these programs, now operating under the Leadership Institute banner, are designed to equip you with the tools and resources leaders need to address urgent challenges and position you with the skills necessary to maximize future opportunities.
Designed for mid- and senior-career infectious diseases and HIV specialists across the health care team, the Community of Leaders program is an online intensive for leaders looking to:
- Join a community of ascending and established leaders from diverse practice settings
- Establish a personal philosophy of leadership
- Evaluate and improve essential leadership behaviors
- Codify strategies to manage and implement change
Designed for emerging infectious diseases and HIV leaders across the health care team, Rising Leaders Online is an online-only, open-registration training program focused on meeting the foundational leadership development needs of the IDSA community. Rising Leaders Online is for emerging leaders looking to:
- Understand the role of leaders in managing, mitigating, and confronting bias
- Define and apply foundational leadership theories and styles
- Analyze project management tools and methodologies
- Explore the fundamentals of healthcare finance