Lead the Future of ID
The Infectious Diseases Society of America seeks to improve the health of individuals, communities, and societies by empowering a diverse cohort of infectious diseases and HIV practitioners across the health care team to meet today's challenges and rise to tomorrow's opportunities. Are you ready to lead the #FutureofID?
What is the IDSA Leadership Institute
The IDSA Leadership Institute: Community of Leaders program is a hybrid-format leadership development program focusing on mid and senior-career infectious diseases specialists across the health care team. The course begins in February 2023, when attendees gain access to the IDSA Academy learning management system. From February to May, attendees complete a series of short, asynchronous webinars, readings, and discussion board prompts. The course concludes with an in-person capstone intensive in Arlington, VA, from Monday, May 8, 2023, to Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
The Community of Leaders program is for leaders seeking to:
- Join a growing community of ascending and established leaders from diverse practice settings
- Establish and communicate a personal philosophy of leadership and management
- Evaluate and improve essential leadership behaviors using a high-quality, valid, and reliable 360-degree assessment tool (The Leadership Practices Inventory 360+®)
- Codify strategies to plan, manage, and implement change initiatives
News & Updates
- Application Opens: Sept. 6, 2022
- Application Closes: Nov. 18, 2022
- Application Decisions: Jan. 2023
- Asynchronous Activities: February to May 2023
- In-Person Workshops: May 8-9, 2023
Learn More & Apply
Community of Leaders employs a competitive application process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the FAQ before applying.
- Work with a small group of peers in Accountability Groups, small, persistent, 4 to 6 person cohorts designed to aid learning, community development, and goal setting
Create detailed action plans focused on topics important to professionals at the start of their leadership journey
- Reflect on their existing leadership skills using the powerful and simple Leadership Practices Inventory – Self® assessment
News & Updates
The IDSA Rising Leaders program will return in Fall 2023. Registration will open in Summer 2023. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions to be added to our notification list.
Learn More & Register
The deadline to register for the 2022 IDSA Rising Leaders program has passed. Please follow this page for future announcements.