Lead the Future of ID
The Infectious Diseases Society of America seeks to prepare infectious diseases and HIV practitioners across the healthcare team to meet the challenges of today and rise to the opportunities of tomorrow.
Launched in 2019, the IDSA Leadership Institute began as a multi-day, intensive training focused on mid- and senior-career professionals. Since our launch, the Leadership Institute has grown and now offers development opportunities across the professional hierarchy.
There are now two programs within the IDSA Leadership Institute.
Community of Leaders replaces our original intensive program. It retains the focus on mid- and senior career professionals seeking to join an ever-growing community of professionals seeking to accelerate their careers and amplify change initiatives.
Rising Leaders is built from the ground up to help emerging leaders lay a foundation for early career success and future learning opportunities.
- Join growing community of ascending and established leaders from diverse practice settings
- Establish and communicate a personal philosophy of leadership and management
- Evaluate and improve essential leadership behaviors through the use of a high-quality, valid, and reliable 360-degree assessment tool (The Leadership Practices Inventory 360+®)
- Codify strategies to plan, manage and implement change initiatives
Asynchronous Activities: February to May 2022
2022 Community of Leaders In-Person Capstone: Monday, May 16 & Tuesday, May 17
News & Updates
IDSA is proud to announce the Leadship Institute Community of Leaders Class of 2022!
Learn More & Apply
The 2022 Community of Leaders application has closed. Decisions will be announced in January 2022. The 2023 application will open in the fall of 2022..
- Work with a small group of peers in Accountability Groups, small, persistent, 4 to 6 person cohorts designed to aid learning, community development, and goal setting
Create detailed action plans focused on topics important to professionals at the start of their leadership journey
- Reflect on their existing leadership skills using the powerful and simple Leadership Practices Inventory – Self® assessment
News & Updates
Please join us in celebrating the IDSA Rising Leaders Class of 2022. The #FutureofID is bright!
Learn More & Register
The deadline to register for the 2022 IDSA Rising Leaders program has passed. Please follow this page for future announcements.