Members of the Infectious Diseases Society of America and its HIV Medicine Association across the country are on the front lines of COVID-19 responses in their communities. IDSA is proud to support their work in advancing research into COVID-19 and in development of data-driven, evidence-based research practices and responses. We offer these resources to help members of the public make informed decisions during this challenging time.
Clinicians: Visit the Real-Time Learning Network for expertly-curated resources that will be updated daily for the frontline health care community.
IDSA COVID-19 Information and Safety Resources
- What the Experts Say About COVID-19 Risks: IDSA infographic summarizing activities that create low, medium and high risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- How to Stay Safe During Re-opening: Infographic with guidance and frequently asked questions to help members of the public minimize risk as their communities re-open.
- Face Coverings and Masks: Advice and Information for the General Public: IDSA fact sheet on effective face coverings and practices to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
- How to Safely Vote in Person: IDSA infographic explaining how to minimize COVID-19 risk while voting. See also this IDSA media briefing on safe voting practices during COVID-19.
- Charitable Organizations Providing COVID-19 Relief Services: A directory compiled by IDSA.
- Science Speaks blog: IDSA/HIVMA’s global infectious diseases blog coverage of COVID-19 developments starting Jan. 7, 2020.
- IDSA Featured Podcasts and Videos: Podcasts and media briefings on topics related to COVID-19 and issues surrounding other infectious diseases. Recent podcasts include:
IDSA COVID-19 Recommendations and Action for U.S. Policy
- We Are ID Petition
Petition signed by leading infectious disease and HIV specialists urging the federal government to base COVID-19-related policies in science, evidence and the guidance of public health experts.
- Infectious Diseases Specialists to FDA: Don’t Cut Corners in COVID-19 Vaccine Approval
IDSA and HIVMA statement urging FDA to ensure that the approval of a COVID-19 vaccine is based in rigorous safety and efficacy data.
- As COVID-19 Cases Approach 5 Million in U.S., Infectious Diseases Leaders Call on White House for Unified Action on Masks
IDSA and HIVMA statement asking the White House to issue a federal directive calling for mask requirements in all states to curtail the spread of COVID-19.
- Antimicrobial Resistance and COVID-19: How Congress Can Address Converging Crises
Video recording of a July 23 Congressional briefing webinar hosted by IDSA.
- Controlling COVID-19 Surge and Preparing for the Fall
Video recording of a Congressional briefing webinar hosted by IDSA, HIVMA, SHEA and PIDS in early July.
The State of the Pandemic: Domestic and Global Updates and Resources
- WHO Situation Reports
Global data and daily briefings by the World Health Organization.
- FDA Daily Roundups
Daily summaries of FDA actions related to COVID-19.
- CDC Reopening Guidance
Comprehensive resource on surveillance, infection control, contact tracing, test usage, hospital indicators and setting-specific guidance.
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings
CDC health and safety guidance for office building employers, owners, managers and operations specialists.
- CDC Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had COVID-19 Exposure
Interim guidance from CDC for employers of critical infrastructure workers who have had an exposure but remain asymptomatic.
- Characteristics of Adult Outpatients and Inpatients with COVID-19—11 Academic Medical Centers, United States, March–May 2020
CDC data showing that fewer than half of COVID-19 patients were aware of recent close contact with an infected person.
- CDC U.S. COVID-19 Case Surveillance, January 22–May 30
Data indicating that COVID-19 leads to severe outcomes in older adults and those with underlying health conditions.
For questions or suggestions regarding IDSA's COVID-19 response and available resources, contact email@example.com.